How to make the best Flat White
- Espresso shot
- Whole milk
- Espresso machine
- Milk pitcher
- Flat white cup
- Start by heating up your espresso machine and filling it with fresh water.
- Grind your coffee beans and tamp them into the portafilter.
- Extract a double shot of espresso into your flat white cup.
- Pour cold whole milk into your milk pitcher, filling it up to 1/3 of the way.
- Place the steam wand of your espresso machine into the milk and turn it on.
- Hold the pitcher at an angle and submerge the steam wand just below the surface of the milk.
- As the milk begins to foam, slowly lower the pitcher to keep the wand just below the surface.
- Once the milk reaches 60-65°C (140-150°F), turn off the steam wand and remove it from the milk.
- Tap the milk pitcher on a countertop to remove any large bubbles and swirl the milk to create a silky microfoam.
- Pour the microfoam into your flat white cup, holding back the foam with a spoon to create a layered effect.
- Gently pour the remaining milk into the cup, filling it up to about 1cm from the top.
- Use a spoon to create latte art on top of the foam, if desired.
In conclusion, the flat white is a delicious and easy-to-make coffee drink that's perfect for any coffee lover. With the right ingredients and equipment, you can make a perfect flat white at home. So, why not give it a try and impress your friends and family with your barista skills! PS need the best coffee beans for a Flat White? Signature Gold.