Vietnamese Egg Coffee & Recipe
Vietnamese egg coffee is a unique coffee drink that originated in Hanoi, Vietnam. The drink is made by combining egg yolks, condensed milk, and coffee to create a creamy, sweet, and rich beverage. There are various ways to make Vietnamese egg coffee, but generally, one can prepare it by whipping the egg yolks and condensed milk together in a bowl or stand mixer until pale and foamy, brewing a strong coffee with finely ground coffee beans, and then pouring the whipped mixture on top of the coffee. One can also add cocoa powder or sugar to the mixture to adjust the sweetness or flavour.
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup strong coffee (Signature Gold)
- Cocoa powder (optional)
- Brew a strong cup of coffee using finely ground coffee beans.In a bowl or stand mixer, whisk the egg yolks and condensed milk together until pale and foamy.
- Pour the hot coffee into a mug, filling it about 3/4 of the way full.
- Slowly pour the egg yolk mixture on top of the coffee, using a spoon to gently spread it over the surface of the coffee.
- Sprinkle cocoa powder on top (optional).
- Serve hot and enjoy!