SIMMER DOWN™ DECAF
In Stock & Ready to Roast
For U.K. mainland we operate a free shipping service for all coffee orders over £15, £3.95 for orders under £15. For international shipping please email us for a quote - firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHEN WILL MY ORDER BE DISPATCHED?
We work on all orders in the order that we receive them. Normally we dispatch parcels either the same or next working day. However during very busy periods it may take an extra day or two for your parcel to be dispatched.
Please contact email@example.com for any returns. Returns can be made for any unsatisfactory products and full refund given. Please contact us within 5 business days of receiving your purchase to allows us to look into your query. Return cost to be paid for by customer.
If your order becomes damaged in transit, we ask for you to provide photo evidence so we can process the refund through Royal Mail.
FAQ's & Storage
Frequently Asked Questions:
What strength is the coffee?
We advise this coffee to be a strength of 3.5 out of 5. Punchy but not over powering.
Are the beans oily?
No, these beans are not oily, if you have particularly sensitive machine/equipment, these beans should be perfect.
Where to store the coffee?
We recommend storing the coffee in a cool, dark, dry cupboard, before you open them. Once opened, reseal the bag and they can be safely stored in the packaging, and we recommend to consume them within 4 weeks of opening.
How many coffees do the bags serve?
250g - serves 13-15 coffees. 500g - serves 26-30 coffees. 1kg - serves 55-65 coffees. We recommend one kilo bag to serve 2 coffees a day, to last a month.
What's the best before date?
All our coffees are roasted to order, meaning they couldn't be fresher. We advise a best before date of 6 months from the order date.
Why plant trees?
- Restoring animals’ habitats, which, in turn helps increase biodiversity by giving endemic species the chance to thrive
- Removing carbon dioxide from the atmosphere by putting it back into the plants and soil, and therefore helping to reduce global warming
- Cleaning the air by removing pollutant gases such as nitrogen oxides, ammonia, sulphur dioxide and ozone by trapping these gases in their leaves and bark
- Restoring local ecosystems that have been destroyed by deforestation or other external factors
- Reducing the impact of flooding and soil erosion, which helps to protect nearby communities and their livelihoods
- Providing an income for tree planters in lower income countries.
Ground Rules: Brew Guide
Discover our Award Winning Simmer Down Decaf. Rich & Full-bodied, 99.9% caffeine free and you wouldn't know it. Notes of Vanilla Fudge & Caramelised Biscuit. Strength 3.5/5
We love our caffeine as much as the next person. But sometimes you need a break from the buzz. This is why we offer this decaf coffee, a rich and flavourful brew that has all the buzz of your regular cup of joe but none of the jitters. Perfect for milky or black coffees.
Decaffeinated coffee causes such a debate in the coffee world with many customers believing that it’s pointless, drinking a coffee without caffeine. As a result it is often deemed a sub-standard coffee. Let's challenge this!
“Delicious decaf, one of my favourite ones on the market, I’ll certainly be buying again”.
- Small batch, single origin, freshly roasted to order.
- 100% Arabica, high quality coffee beans, organic and Fair-trade.
- Natural chemical free decaffeination process (99% caffeine free), the clean way.
- Fully recyclable and resealable bags to stay fresher for longer.
- Exclusive coffee sourced by us and enjoyed by our customers for over 10 years - not available in the supermarkets.
- Free tracked delivery, shipped same day.
- Easy to brew. Known as the Swiss Army knife of coffees, you won't need to watch hundreds of Youtube videos for a better than cafe quality brew at home.
Our difference? We source directly from the farmers, and not third party importers, so you won't find better tasting, freshly roasted decaf coffee at a better price or we'll refund the difference!
What you need to know:
- Smooth body with notes of vanilla fudge and caramelised biscuit. Chemical free decaf process, virtually caffeiene free. (99.9 percent)
- Great Taste judges comments - "A dark roast that delivered a rich crema. With milk, it becomes a vanilla fudge: soft, round, full of malt and with a pleasingly long finish. No one would guess this was a decaf."
More on the coffee farm - Peru Tunki:
The name of Tunki comes from the locally found wild bird (also known as ‘cock of the rocks’) and is traditionally farmed by hand and produced without the use of pesticides or chemicals.
Situated high in the mountains amongst the most beautiful flora and fauna of the Tambopata Valley, the coffee beans are firstly fed and washed by pure spring waters and then harvested by the local indigenous Quechua and 'Aymara' speaking families.
This is globally one of the most difficult and logistically challenging of origins, with a hair raising 4 day journey that climbs to almost 5000m to cross the mighty Andes to get this coffee to port - a journey worth every step in our opinion.
These proud families have worked the area for generations in harmony with the land. At the beginning of each season all farmers make an annual ceremony to the earth 'Pachamama' to ask for blessings for the coming season.
Origin: Satipo, Peru
Processing: Washed - Naturally processed co2 Decaf
500g serves roughly 30 coffees, 1kg serves roughly 60 coffees.
Did you know?
Decaf coffee is still packed with antioxidants, magnesium, potassium, and niacin. Only the caffeine molecule is extracted during the decaffeination process.
How we remove the caffeine from our coffee:
- The green coffee beans are soaked/cleaned in water, as the beans expand the pores open up and the caffeine becomes mobile.
- Pressured Carbon Dioxide is introduced, this combined with the present water creates sparkling water. The CO2 acts like a magnet to the caffeine molecules, extracting it from the beans.
- The water is then drained into an evaporator which precipitates the caffeine rich carbon dioxide out of the water.
- This cycle is repeated until the caffeine level is low enough to be classified as decaf.
- The decaffeinated coffee is then gently dried until it reaches its original moisture content and is then ready for roasting.
Nice toasty brew
After looking for a decaf coffee that the whole house would love, we came across simmer down and haven’t looked back!
Great quality coffee and local too. Are my go to coffee beans
We've tried lots of decaffs and they tend to be quite bland and nutty, often roasted too long and kept on a shelf for too long after that. This was none of those. We could tell just from the smell that this was going to be a good cup, and it was!
Wanted a decaff option for the evenings and this did not disappoint!
EXPERTLY HAND-ROASTED TO ORDER IN WEST BERKSHIRE, & SHIPPED WORLD-WIDE SINCE 2010.
We roast to emphasise body and sweetness, with reduced, soft apple like acidity. Like a Swedish head massage on your taste buds.
GREAT TASTE PRODUCER
Qualified "Great Taste Producer", guaranteed quality. Winning 8 awards in 3 years. See for yourself?
Roasted for easy brewing. You won’t need a beard, Bunsen burner or refractometer to brew the best coffee you’ve ever had.