SIMMER DOWN DECAF PLAN 1KG
In Stock & Ready to Roast
For U.K. mainland we operate a free shipping service for all coffee orders over £15, £3.95 for orders under £15. For international shipping please email us for a quote - firstname.lastname@example.org.
WHEN WILL MY ORDER BE DISPATCHED?
We work on all orders in the order that we receive them. Normally we dispatch parcels either the same or next working day. However during very busy periods it may take an extra day or two for your parcel to be dispatched.
Please contact email@example.com for any returns. Returns can be made for any unsatisfactory products and full refund given. Please contact us within 5 business days of receiving your purchase to allows us to look into your query. Return cost to be paid for by customer.
If your order becomes damaged in transit, we ask for you to provide photo evidence so we can process the refund through Royal Mail.
FAQ's & Storage
Frequently Asked Questions:
What strength is the coffee?
We advise this coffee to be a strength of 3.5 out of 5. Punchy but not over powering.
Are the beans oily?
No, these beans are not oily, if you have particularly sensitive machine/equipment, these beans should be perfect.
Where to store the coffee?
We recommend storing the coffee in a cool, dark, dry cupboard, before you open them. Once opened, reseal the bag and they can be safely stored in the packaging, and we recommend to consume them within 4 weeks of opening.
How many coffees do the bags serve?
250g - serves 13-15 coffees. 500g - serves 26-30 coffees. 1kg - serves 55-65 coffees. We recommend one kilo bag to serve 2 coffees a day, to last a month.
What's the best before date?
All our coffees are roasted to order, meaning they couldn't be fresher. We advise a best before date of 6 months from the order date.
Why plant trees?
- Restoring animals’ habitats, which, in turn helps increase biodiversity by giving endemic species the chance to thrive
- Removing carbon dioxide from the atmosphere by putting it back into the plants and soil, and therefore helping to reduce global warming
- Cleaning the air by removing pollutant gases such as nitrogen oxides, ammonia, sulphur dioxide and ozone by trapping these gases in their leaves and bark
- Restoring local ecosystems that have been destroyed by deforestation or other external factors
- Reducing the impact of flooding and soil erosion, which helps to protect nearby communities and their livelihoods
- Providing an income for tree planters in lower income countries.
Ground Rules: Brew Guide
Great Taste Award Winner - Simmer Down Decaf: We are very proud of our this coffee and it is given the same special treatment as the rest of our coffees. **Limited supply**
Sourced from Peru, producing a full-body that cuts through milk combined with great sweetness - no need for additional sugar.
Decaffeinated coffee causes such a debate in the coffee world with many customers believing that it’s pointless, drinking a coffee without caffeine. As a result it is often deemed a sub-standard coffee. Let's challenge this!
“Delicious decaf, one of my favourite ones on the market, I’ll certainly be buying again”. Small batch roasted to order for maximum freshness
- 100% natural, high quality coffee beans
- Fast delivery via Royal Mail, shipped same day (orders before 11am)
- 1kg Resealable bags to stay fresher for longer
What you need to know:
- Smooth body with notes of biscuit, vanilla and hazelnut. CO2 chemical free decaf process, virtually caffeiene free. (99.9 percent)
- Great Taste judges comments - "A dark shiny roast that delivered a rich crema. With milk, it becomes a vanilla fudge: soft, round, full of malt and with a pleasingly long finish. No one would guess this was a decaf."
Origin: Satipo, Peru
Estate: Cooperative Kaffee Satipo
Varietal: Pache, Catuai, Caturra
Processing: Wet processed - CO2 Decaffeination Process (chemical free)
Tasting Notes: Medium Bodied, notes of biscuit, vanilla and hazelnut
Check out our brew guide for the perfect coffee, your way.
Best kept in cool dry environment.
Nice toasty brew
After looking for a decaf coffee that the whole house would love, we came across simmer down and haven’t looked back!
Great quality coffee and local too. Are my go to coffee beans
We've tried lots of decaffs and they tend to be quite bland and nutty, often roasted too long and kept on a shelf for too long after that. This was none of those. We could tell just from the smell that this was going to be a good cup, and it was!
Wanted a decaff option for the evenings and this did not disappoint!
EXPERTLY HAND-ROASTED TO ORDER IN WEST BERKSHIRE, & SHIPPED WORLD-WIDE SINCE 2010.
We roast to emphasise body and sweetness, with reduced, soft apple like acidity. Like a Swedish head massage on your taste buds.
GREAT TASTE PRODUCER
Qualified "Great Taste Producer", guaranteed quality. Winning 8 awards in 3 years. See for yourself?
Roasted for easy brewing. You won’t need a beard, Bunsen burner or refractometer to brew the best coffee you’ve ever had.